837 N. Lafayette Boulevard
Water features, both natural and manmade, have always been important in defining Leeper Park’s character. Located on the south shore of the St. Joseph River, the park enjoys the river’s natural environment as its backdrop. Following construction of the North Pumping Station, circa 1900, surrounding land was designated as a city park. Herman Beyer, who designed curvilinear carriage drives and plantings, and later George Kessler, who contributed a plan for the park in 1916, were both formative influences on development. The Duck Pond has been a constant and popular feature throughout the park’s history.